Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Way It Came To me.

I had searched in vain for a solution to this chasm I found between myself and the world and was becoming hopeless of ever resolving it when I found the Sambavi Mudra.

Once I had discovered it I knew I had found the key. As I went on practicing it things began to fall into order.

And the realization came one night.

I had the veil removed then, saw the world for what it is. There was no grand awakening; there was no blitzkrieg of lights, no high voltage dramas, and no jet propelled journeys ……………

If anyone thought that I am sorry to disappoint them in that.

In fact there were no comings and goings anymore (where is one to go and where from should one come?), there was no ins and outs, just the awareness that I AM.

I saw myself in everything and everything else in myself, there were no divisions, no feeling of the ‘other’. I was only aware of myself.

I was existence.

Yet can it be called existence even? It goes even beyond that, it goes beyond the pale of existence and non existence. There is no way of explaining it, it is inexplicable, and it’s beyond words. The futility of trying to express it in words would only occur to you after you have been through the experience yourself.

One can only quote the beautiful words of the Rishi’s. There is nothing else to do.

“Where the words turn back
And mind does not enter”

Then again

“Words do not reach it
Neither the mind.”

This is the catch. Words are the creations of the mind or are only usable when there are ‘two’. I am talking of the ‘one’ or the indivisible and it can’t be talked of in the realm of names and forms.

How I used to laugh at this expression once, “names and forms”! It had its revenge on me finally. There is no other expression in human language capable of describing the experience from the perspective of the ultimate reality.

This world is nothing but names and forms, a play ground of shadows.

In the oldest of Upanishads the Eithreya it’s said

“Only ‘this’ was there
Nothing else was in sight.”

It then goes on to reveal the cause of the world.

“It thought
I will be many.”

The moment it thinks so there is the dual world. The one becomes two. And when there is two, two points of observation occur, two paths occur, time occurs. It’s as simple as that.

In true-realization all these disappears into shadows. The man who is being questioned, the others who are questioning him revert back to the shadows that they are they exist in relation to me alone.

But who is this me, is it the man called Chasing my shadow?

Chasing my shadow is only a part of me as everything else is, he has no special significance other than I AM evidenced in him at this time. It doesn’t make him high or low, it doesn’t change him.

If this does not teach us humility nothing else will.

But don’t mistake me,

Yogis do glitter, they beam the power of Kundalini through the crown chakra, they have the sidhis, and they have powerful minds and have refined inner vehicles.

But I was not after these, I never cared for those, they had always seemed spurious and expendable to me. And in the kind of realization I was after they were a hindrance rather than help.

I was not after the gradual evolution to the next world and to the next finer world and to the next and to the next………

I was not going to make a career out of it, whatever pretenses we invent for practicing it, like saving the world, assisting in the evolution of the universe, helping others, following gurus, deeming ourselves at lower stages of evolution requiring higher stages. No, I was not going for a sort of a spiritual careerism.

I wanted beyond, I wanted the final truth. I wanted to have done with this farce called Maya once and for always and never come back.

I even used to shudder at the thought of anything less.

In truth what you want is what you realize. If you want the final truth, you would realize that, if you want heaven, you would get there, if you want to be the Buddha, you will be him, you want to be the devil and you have become one.

You truly are the master of yourself and the world. I am not playing around with words here like they do in positive thinking sermons. Let me tell you this, the matter of liberation is so simple that, if you can hold on to the truth that you are liberated at the moment of death, there would not be any coming back.

I can guarantee you that. Let you be the worst devil in the world, hold on to this thought with unflinching belief. None would make you come back; there would be no further births and deaths for you.

But it is not as easy as you suppose. First you need to be sure that is the case. That is why it’s important to make it a habit of being with the final truth. Hence the need for Brooh Dhyana. It is the only way you can be sure of finding it for yourself.

But how can one be sure anyone else’s experience would be the general one?

I can only resort to an illustration.

Draw a circle with a series of dots. Take any one dot; every single dot can be the beginning and end of the circle at the same time. All dots have the same chance of becoming so.

That is, if one has experienced truth somewhere others would also experience it. All points in the world have the same prospects.

So my suggestion is:

Place the mind at the point between your eye brows

And

Place The Mind At The Point Between Your Eye Brows

And

PLACE THE MIND AT THE POINT BTWEEN YOUR EYE BROWS

And you will be liberated.

No comments:

Post a Comment